Doctor insights on:
What Causes Weakness In A P D Dialysis Patient
Can glutamine help in weakness of dialysis patient? I have seen studies that says 10 - 15 g loss of glutamine per dialysis , often not replenished.
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
Ketosis: I am thinking you might be a diabetic. If I am wrong, i apologize. I have searched for causes of a sweet taste in the mouth and have come up with two possible reasons - high blood sugar and high ketones (usually seen in diabetes). See your doctor and tell her/him what you are experiencing. ...Read more
What cause shoulder pain in patient on peritoneal dialysis with turbid color fluid and peritoneal pain?
Itching: High phosphorus levels in a dialysis patient can lead to many issues. Usually most patients itch uncontrollably. However over time elevated phosphorus levels can alter bone structure, lead to calcium deposits on heart vessels and cause nerve damage throughout the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When kidneys fail: People are treated with dialysis when the kidneys are no longer able to perform their main functions: filtering out toxins and removing excess body fluids. For an excellent reference, look for the book "Help! I Need Dialysis!" by Dori Schatell and John Agar, MD. LGromkoMD ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What all can cause joint pains in a mid 20s female patient?
- Dialysis patient what causes bad taste in mouth
- What could be the cause of a very low vitamin d level in my lab results?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of vitamin d deficiency in gastric bypass patients?
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower abdomen while urinating?
- What causes a sudden black out in vision?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free