Doctor insights on:
What Causes Vessels To Be Engorged Behind The Eye
Do you mean back?: The most common bleeding in the back of the eye (at the retina) is due to diabetes and vascular anomalies. This can be more likely if blood thinners are in the mix. Less common conditions are parasitic infections and some inherited conditions. Trauma of course is also common. If you truly mean 'behind' the eye ball, then this rare event is usually traumatic or do to blood vessel disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many possible: Multiple causes are possible. Most common would be sinus disease, migraine, or eyestrain from overuse of the eyes for prolonged reading or computer use. Thyroid disease, growths behind the eyes, are much less likely causes. If the pains persist, you should see an ophthalmologist, and if the eye exam is normal, your regular doctor may refer to ENT or neurology. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lots: Allergies and inflammation from dry eye syndrome are most common. Uveitis, autoimmune inflammation can also do it. Some tumors of the top layers and inside the eye can also cause enlarged blood vessels. Rarely, tumors or inflammation of the sinus cavities around the eye also. Go to your eye md for a diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood vessel behind the eye
- Blood vessels behind the eye
- What causes pressure behind the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes swelling behind the eye?
- What causes fluid behind the eye?
- Burst blood vessel behind the eye
- Leaking blood vessel behind the eye
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free