Doctor insights on:
What Causes Vaginal Odor
What causes vaginal odor? Had my annual done test came back fine with no infections or STD idk what made the smell its not bad so what can clear it?
Bacterial vaginosis: The most common vaginal infection is bacterial vaginosis which occurs when the normal good bacteria in the vagina, peroxidase positive lactobaccillus, are killed off (many things can do this including douching). The most common symptom is a vaginal odor which worsens with intercourse. It would not be tested for when in your annual exam and is not considered an STD. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibilities: Bacterial vaginosis can cause a “fishy” smell. Other possibilities include std’s like gonorrhea, trichomoniasis & chlamydia or pelvic inflammatory disease. If there is a retained tampon or a lack of proper vaginal hygiene those are potential causes. Yeast is usually odorless but is still a possibility. If a woman has a fistula or cancer that can also lead to odor. See your doctor if uncertain. ...Read more
Brown.: Likely old blood. Get checked for infection. ...Read more
What is the cause of vaginal odor? Is it normal? Im not sexually active but i noticed the unpleasant smell lately.Help please
Yeast infection?: Yeast infection is the most likely explanation. Contrary to popular opinion, yeast infections usually cause little discharge and do not cause abnormal odor. See a doctor. Or you could try an over the counter yeast medication, active ingredient ending with "azole" (miconazole, clotrimazole, etc). But for sure get professional care if it doesn't help within a week. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause yellow vaginal discharge with a fishy odor?
- What are causes strong vaginal odors?
- What causes boils in vaginal area?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- What could cause vaginal bleeding 2 years after a partial hysterectomy?
- What are the causes of black vaginal discharge?
- What causes vaginal itching burning urination in females?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free