Doctor insights on:
What Causes Twitching During Sleep
Sleep Twitches: Possible diagnoses include: 1. Restless legs syndrome: leg discomfort brought on by rest and temporarily relieved by movement. 2. Periodic limb movement disorder: repetitive jerking of legs during sleep. 3. Hypnic jerk (normal): muscle twitch occurring at sleep onset - sometimes associated with sensation of falling. Consult with a local sleep medicine specialist for further information. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I recently started experiencing tingling in the body, and occasional involuntary twitching although not during sleep. What could this be?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes body twitching while sleeping?
- Feet twitching during sleep
- Toddler twitching during sleep
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Newborn twitching during sleep
- Twitching while sleeping
- Arm twitching during sleep
- Excessive twitching during sleep
- Talk to a neurologist online