Doctor insights on:
What Causes Tsh Levels To Rise
What can cause TSH levels to rise when taking the same dose of medication for months, with a history of thyroid cancer and no thyroid?
Might need more: Tsh is made by your body to stimulate your thyroid to produce hormones. Tsh stimulates thyroid cancer, too, so the medicine you take is to keep your TSH level as low as possible. The fact that your TSH has risen might be a sign that you need to take a higher dose of your medication. This is something you should ask your doctor about! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Error in testing: It is possible that one of the test results is in error. It would be prudent to discuss it with the doctor who ordered the tests. ...Read more
Thyroid inflammation: Can cause variable TSH results. Tsh tests are very sensitive but often not real reproducible. Levels vary by time of day. Tsh is secreted in spurts and may vary depending upon when it's drawn. Plus some labs are better and more reliable than others. ...Read more
What could cause a TSH to drop from 25 to 3.1 in less than 2 weeks. Doctors retested after worsening symptoms. Can TSH levels fluctuate that much?
Unlikely but...: Rhodiola is known to improve thyroid function and thus might be expected to reduce TSH levels somewhat (though more research on this is needed). However, a low TSH tends to be a sign of hyperthyroidism and, as far as i know, rhodiola is not known to stimulate the thyroid to the point of hyperthyroidism. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am on 50mcg of levoxythyrine and my TSH level went from 1.28 to 3.40 in 4 months. What would cause this change ? It is usually around 1.2-1.4.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes ammonia levels to rise in humans?
- What causes estrogen levels to rise in women?
- What foods cause blood tryptase levels to rise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of increased tsh levels?
- What would cause hcg level to rise after a miscarriage?
- What causes creatinine kinase levels to rise with muscle weakness?
- What causes high tsh level of 130?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free