Doctor insights on:
What Causes Sudden Dizzy Spells
Why do I get dizzy spells out of nowhere whenever I'm sitting down, what can be the causes of my dizzy spells?
Many causes.: Dizziness can be either vertigo (sensation of things moving) or light-headed. There are many possible causes of vertigo. These range from inner ear problems (vestibulitis, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) to vestibular migraines to problems with the brainstem (such as strokes). Light-headedness can be caused by standing up too quickly, dehydration, or low blood counts. ...Read more
What causes dizzy spells with no other symptoms? Have been getting dizzy at random times for no reason and it scares me
Many things: Please define YOUR meaning of the word "dizziness" because a number of things can cause isolated vertigo vs. lightheadedness. I see that you've had a cardiac workup which is good. I take it that it was negative? Are your thyroid levels recently checked and OK? There is also a condition known as positional vertigo which is not uncommon in young people and misdiagnosed as other things. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes sudden dizziness spells?
- What causes dizzy spells while sitting?
- What causes dizzy spells and headaches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes dizzy spells in the morning?
- What causes dizzy spells in men?
- What causes random dizzy spells?
- What causes dizzy spells in women?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free