Doctor insights on:
What Causes Scaring In The Eye If You Have Macular Degeneration
Retinal breakdown: Scarring the in the maculae can occur in both the wet and dry forms of macular degeneration. Usually, it is problematic in the wet form when there is leakage of serum or blood from new blood vessels that cause inflammation and retinal scarring - here the prognosis is guarded. In advanced forms of dry macular degeneration there can be scarring as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What causes light flashes in the eye after laser surgery? What causes light flashes in the eye after laser surgery for glucoma and macular degeneration of the eye?
After images. : Light flashes in the eye after laser surgery are most likely after images. Usually they go away. Laser is used for glaucoma, diabetes, and retinal tears. It is less often used these days in macular degeneration. Light flashes can also be caused by retinal traction and impending retinal tear. A good thorough retinal exam will eliminate most causes for concern. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does smoking affect retina or the vitreous (back part) of the eye in anyway other than in macular degeneration?
You are correct: Smoking is always a bad thing and is best avoided. The only known problem related to smoking in the back of the eye is the macular area, but we always advise smokers to stop immediately because so many body functions are affected and it is a leading cause of death. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When a doctor refers to water behind the eye when talking about macular degeneration, what does it mean?
What can be done about bleeding in the eye behind the macula? My grandmothers eye doctor says she has that. She has macular degeneration in that eye
Macular degeneration: If there is already bleeding in the eye, your grandmother has "wet" macular degeneration. Depending on the stage and severity at which your grandmother present's to a retina sub-specialist, there are now intraocular injections that are available to attempt to maintain and possibly even improve your grandmother's vision in that eye. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if you have a horrible pain in the bottom of your butt?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What happens if you get stabbed in the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of cancer can it be if you have blood in the urine?
- What exercise equipment in the gym should be avoided if you have aortic aneurysm?
- What foods should you eat if you have arthritis in the knees?
- What happens if by accident you put earache drops in the eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free