Doctor insights on:
What Causes Roaming Versus Regular Arthritis
RA plus others: Migratory arthritis is not uncommon in early RA prior to the onset of chronic disease. Gout under the right circumstances can be migratory moving from joint to joint. Certain infectious forms of arthritis may be migratory, such as gonorrhea, and viral disease such as parvovirus b19. Psoriatic arthritis can be migratory in the chronic since involving different joints at different times. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
150 + types arthriti: There are over 150 types of arthritis so these differ and these symptoms can be different. The symptoms come from swelling, inside the knee, rubbing of bones and cartilage, inflammatory crystals, torn menisci, joint mice (debris) etc. Each person is different and your evaluation will look at these things to try to help make the diagnosis and develop your therapy program. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
We all would: We actually know the cause of very few types of arthritis. Gouty arthritis caused by increased uric acid, septic arthritis by an infection, traumatic arthritis caused by injury...There are a few more. The more common, such as degenerative we blame on "old age" or biomechanical factors. If you have a specific type you are wondering about let us know. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some other causes of hyperuricemia besides gout and arthritis?
- What causes arthritis like joint pain at age 21?
- What causes hair loss in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes vaginal bleeding after a regular menstrual cycle?
- What causes degenerative arthritis in upper leg?
- What foods cause arthritis to flare up?
- What causes tingling and tickling with arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free