Doctor insights on:
What Causes Recurring Ovarian Cysts
Hormones: During each menstrual cycle, the ovary produces a few small cysts known as follicles (normal) . Most times, one of these follicles will enlarge and ovulate an egg (it ruptures), while the others go away. Sometimes this rupture may not occur due to a lack of signaling by the body's hormones, and the cyst continues to develop through subsequent menstrual cycles. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I have a 5cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary & I am 19. It caused my miscarriage at 7w. Could it cause reoccurring miscarriages if untreated?
No: Life is difficult enough without people trying to worry you over something like this. Ovarian cysts are extremely common and only the large ones come to a physician's attention; most are harmless. I trust you're having the cysts followed. ...Read more
Many causes: Go to http://www.Emedicinehealth.Com/ovarian_cysts/article_em.Htm there you will find all the answers you seek (that are possible to answer). Most important is you see your gyn if you feel you have these symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatment for recurring ovarian cysts
- What causes an ovarian cyst to grow?
- What causes ovarian cysts to burst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a dermoid ovarian cyst?
- What will cause an ovarian cyst to bust?
- What kind of pain does an ovarian cyst cause?
- Causes of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free