Doctor insights on:
What Causes Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome S
Can can postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome cause physical pain/weakness many people are complaining about it?
Weakness, yes, pain : Not so much. Pots is caused by damage to the vagus nerve, usually from the Insulin resistance syndrome. Get checked for this, eat small, frequent, low-glycemic index foods and get plenty of aerobic type exercise. Your resting/positional heart rate should begin to come down and your weakness will improve. ...Read more
Anxiety is: Associated with POTS but not necessarily a cause of POTS. ...Read more
My dad has ankylosing spondylitis, I have developed postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, could I have ankylosing spondylitis which caused it?
No: The two diseases are unrelated.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can p.O.T.S (postural orthostatic. Tachycardia syndrome) cause fat malabsorption due to impaired motility in bowels?
Such as small bowel overgroweth.
POTS: Gut mobility problems are not part of the syndrome. Could such a thing exist? That's another question and i wouldn't a priori rule out some relationship. ...Read more
Male 22. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Resting hr 50-70. Need midodrine 2.5 will it cause bradycardia bad?
If you have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (pots)....Can it cause shortness of breathe? Mild edema in lungs? Feeling off balance? Help!
Not sure: We do not exactly know what the cause is. We do know the normal mechanisms that regulate blood flow to brain do not work sometimes leading to drop in blood pressure, decreased flow to brain and symptoms of light headedness or passing out. Beta blocker medications seem to help decrease this dysfunction in the system along with stay well hydrated, using mineralicorticoids (florinef) as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Marijuana and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome pregnancy
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and ginger
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome smoking weed
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia
- How do you cope with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome?
- What is the difference between postural hypotension and orthostatic hypotension?
- Talk to a cardiologist online