Doctor insights on:
What Causes Period Cramps
Cervix bumping: With deep penetration during vaginal sex, you may be getting pressure against your cervix. This can cause some cramping. Try positions in which your partner does not go in as deeply and see if it gets better. If not, do see your doctor to make sure there are no other issues. ...Read more
What causes period like cramps a few days after stopping birth control? I stopped in the middle of a pack. Also, what if I dont hav withdraw bleeding?
Prostaglandins...: There are several reasons this can happen. Semen contains prostaglandins that induce uterine contractions that are perceived as cramping. Also, as a women gets older and bears multiple children, the cervix hangs lower and lower in the vagina. The mechanical motion of intercourse moves the uterus farther and this can also cause cramping. Best wishes! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Light brown creamy disgcarge, what felt like period cramps, only lasted a day. Lost virginity 2 weeks ago, havent had a period since Mar. Causes?
During sex last night toward the end it started to hurt like bad period cramps. It lasted for a little while after. I was ovulating is that the cause?
What can cause an early period? My period for this month was 7/3-7/10 and now it's the 23rd and I have period cramps and bleeding again.
Early period reasons: Reasons for an early period can include Endometriosis, Emergency Contraceptives, changes in hormones, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, chemotherapy for uterine cancer, perimenopause, eating disorders, intense dieting (especially w high carb diet), marked weight gain, significant over-exercising* anovulatory periods. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes menstrual cramps but no period?
- What causes cramps after period?
- What causes cramps after your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes cramps when on your period?
- What could cause random blood clotting without being on your period?
- What could cause lower back pain and missed period?
- What causes nausea right before period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free