Doctor insights on:
What Causes Peoples Eye Color To Change
A few conditions: Generally, eye color becomes "locked in" by about 6 months to 1 year of age. The iris contains brown pigment, and the less pigment present, the lighter the eye color becomes. Diseases that damage the iris (inflammation, certain glaucomas...) can lighten it while tumors and freckles can darken parts. High corneal cholesterol can make the eye seem bluer. Any changes in eye color should be evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sunlight: Although it is not typical some people have light sensitive freckles on their iris that can darken with cumulative light exposure. Since eye color is a composite effect this is one possibility. Another is a condition called Fuchs Cyclitis which often makes one eye duller or heterochromic to the other. Both possibilities should be investigated by an Eye MD. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The darkness of : Skin around the eyes that comes from bruising is eventually absorbed back into the body. ...Read more
Shouldn't: The iris will not change color as a result of pressure. ...Read more
Rarely: Trauma cause cause iris damage including a change in color but this is uncommon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can what you eat or drink cause your stool to change color?
- What causes your eyes to change color?
- What causes genitals to change color in pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes thin people to get the turkey neck?
- What could cause or be related to holes in the iris of the eye?
- What causes yellow eye color or jaundice in sickle cell patients?
- Causes of the whites of the eyes turning yellow
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free