Doctor insights on:
What Causes Pain In The Rib Cage
There's so much--: -B low the rib cage U have a whole book written on each organ. Needs a little more specificity. A few things that R B low Rlisted. Kidneys, liver, spleen, stomach, small bowel, aorta, vena cava, colon.....list of just 1 of these has many possible causes. B more clear on where the pain is. Just under, R or L & describe the pain. Cramping, after meals, ... ...Read more
Doctor can evaluate: One has to find out what is causing pain in order to decide on treatment of it. Things that are under the ribs include the breathing muscles (diaphragm and rib muscles), stomach, liver, spleen, gallbladder (which might have gall stones), part of small intestine, part of large intestine, part of the pancreas, etc... If pain comes with breathing, the source could also be ribs and their cartilage. ...Read more
Let try to help you: need more details t answer your question ,other health issues and other symptoms. ...Read more
Many possibilities: This could be from something irritating the diaphragm from above or below, from the rib or the costochondral attachments, an enlarged and tender intraabdominal organ like the spleen, or could be referred pain from elsewhere. Answering your question accurately would require a full exam. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain: Many things. Among them, your rib could be broken. You could have an infection. The pain could come from something other than your rib. Cancer might do it. Pain from the lung, heart, sternum, liver, spleen, diaphragm... Maybe a more specific question could be better answered here. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes pain in my upper back on the left side by my ribs?
- What would cause a persistent pain in left side under rib cage?
- What is the cause for a sharp pain under right rib cage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes pain under the left rib cage?
- What causes pain in left lower rib cage?
- What would abe the cause of a pain under left rib cage?
- What can cause pain under the left rib cage?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free