Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Pain In The Rectum
Protruding: The anal tissue and the local veins are pushed out and expand over time and pressure. Dry hard stools and constipation are elements of the problem. The anal mucosa over the protruding veins is delicate and if rubbed, wiped too hard will ooze or bleed. If the veins are exposed, significant bleeding can occur. ...Read more
Pressure and trauma: Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins that exist under the lining of the rectum and anus. The primary cause of hemorrhoids is increased abdominal pressure, from chronic constipation, prolonged sitting, pregnancy and in some cases, from other diseases, such as liver disease. They are usually fleshy and soft but cause discomfort when engorged and bleed with trauma such as passing hard stool or hard wiping. ...Read more
Maybe an allergic reaction to baby wipes . . . Swollen area at rectum . . . Do allergies cause hemorrhoids?
Can long term constipation and straining cause ongoing pain in the rectum, testicles and scrotum even after you become regular again?
A rash on the shaft of my penis which is becoming sore. There is no discharge or lesions. I am also having a burning pain in the rectum. Causes?
Fungus or: Something else. Please see your doc who can help you identify and contain this before it spreads further. Don't try to stop it by yourself. Peace and good health. ...Read more
Hemorrhoids?: Without an exam, it is hard to know what is happening. Hemorrhoids are very common and can present with pressure and pain. Other GI issues such as diverticulosis, celiac disease, ibs, ibds, imbalance in gut bacteria, etc can result in various symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, gas, tenesmus (rectal spasm), etc that can contribute to your situation. Hemorrhoids are most likely. Water & fiber! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause pain in the pelvic area when laying down?
- What can cause severe pain in my lower pelvic area on the right side?
- What are the causes of a throbbing pain in the thigh area?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes pain in the shoulder blade area?
- What causes pain in the groin area in men?
- What causes pain in the tailbone area?
- What would cause pain and numbness in the neck and shoulder area?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online