Doctor insights on:
What Causes Pain Down The Outside Of My Leg When Kneeling
Iliotibial band: It is hard to be sure without an exam, but that sounds like a condition called iliotibial band syndrome. It's a large tendon that runs from the hip, down the outside of the thigh, and attaches just across the knee. It gets inflammed sometimes and causes these types of symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My fiance have pain behind one knee, and feeling some numbness down the leg and under it. He has been kneeling for a while on hard surface today. ?
Knee pain: I agree with Dr. Patel. You should have him evaluated. Since he likely won't need surgery before other conservative treatments are used, it would also be fine to start with an evaluation by your Family Physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pre-patellar bursiti: This sounds like pre-patellar bursitis. That's an inflammation of the tissue in front of the knee. It commonly hurts with kneeling. Would recommend ibuprofen, icing, and rest. Typically resolves with time. ...Read more
About 3 mo. Stabbing pain deep in r. Hip down outside leg to knee very painful from standing to sitting & vice versa & walking - 59 yr. Female?
Varies: There are several possible causes, usually a detailed exam can determine the cause. The two most common causes are a sciatica (which is an irritation of a nerve in the back causing pain down the leg) and a tendinitis of the hip (known as tensor fascia lata syndrome). Thank you for the question. ...Read more
Whenever i stand up straight after kneeling down/crouching the outside area of my leg between knee/ankle hurts. What should I do?
Peroneal tendon : The outside of your leg is peroneal tendon. Have you had injury to the area? Is it right and left? Need a few more details. ...Read more
Probably not: When someone kneels down the force is on the attachment point of the patellar tendon to the tibia, and to a lesser degree, the patella itself. Pain with kneeling could be irritation at the tendon attachment or possibly wear of the cartilage on the back of the patella. The treatment involves nsaids if it bothers you enough, as well as quad strengthening using a bike. ...Read more
Aftr 2yrs of patella operation, my son's leg bcame slimmer than d othr.Why is it so?Is it crucial not 2 fall down again while playing?Shldn't he kneel?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of a growing pain sensation in the legs from the knee down?
- What does it mean when you have a sharp pain down the top of your leg?
- What are the causes of sharp shooting hip pain running down leg?
- What are the causes of pain in the back and down the leg?
- What are common causes of a sharp pain that shoots down the back of your leg?
- What are the causes of left arm pain radiating down to hand?
- What would cause pain in the pelvic area when laying down?
- Causes of pain in the ear when lying down
- What is the cause of my outer ear pain when i sleep?