Doctor insights on:
What Causes Of Yellow Eyes
Jaundice: This is the buildup of bile pigments which is the result of liver or gall bladder disease. Incomplete excretion of these pigments stains the sclera yellow. With resolution of the problem, the white of the eye will return to normal. Good idea to see your gastroenterologist or primary care doctor soon! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yellow eyes: Jaundice resulting from liver disease can cause this. Far more common though is superficial pigmentation of the ocular tissues that appears yellow. This is very common in darker skinned individuals. This is usually benign and not treated. However, an evaluation by an eyemd is necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Liver Failure: Please get to a doctor asap. It sounds like your liver is shutting down. ...Read more
A few suggestions: Those would be two major causes but if there is a resolving hemorrhage, then sometimes the blood can go from red to yellow before disappearing. Alternatively, people with light freckles or normal pigmentation (from having dark skin) can have a yellowish looking eye, as well. ...Read more
Flashes: Sounds as if you have had a posterior vitreous detachment. This is a situation where the vitreous(jelly) of the eye detaches (not a retinal detachment), it then "crumples" up leaving dots, spots, strands of blurry vitreous; when it pills away, it causes flashes. You should have an exam to ensure the incident did not tear the retina, which could lead to a retinal detachment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have had yellow eyes for the past approx 3 months. I have had bloodwork done and all came back ok. What could be the cause?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes the white of your eyes to turn yellow?
- What causes the whites of your eyes to turn yellow?
- What is the name of the disease causes vomiting and eyes to turn yellow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would cause the whites of eyes to turn yellow?
- What is the cause of yellow eyes?
- What causes the whites of the eyes to turn yellow?
- What causes the whites of eyes to become yellow?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free