Doctor insights on:
What Causes Nodules In The Lungs
Can you explain results of chest X-ray led 2 cat scan, which led 2 pet scan. results are multiple nodules. what causes lung nodules?
Multiple: There are many causes for pulmonary nodules, which can be broken down into benign or malignant. There are a large number of causes for benign nodules, and 95% of nodules seen on CT scan are benign. If the nodule is large enough, a biopsy may be recommended. The initial move is to see if the same mass was present on a previous scan. PET scans are used to add information, but should not be done firs ...Read more
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause nodules in the lungs?
- Lower lung nodule causes
- Disease the causes lung nodules
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of nodules on lungs symptoms
- Multiple lung nodules causes
- Lung nodule caused sinusitis
- What is a pulmonary nodule on the lung?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free