Doctor insights on:
What Causes Nocardiosis Nocardia Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Had there been any outbreaks if nocardiosis or has nocardiosis played a significant role in history?
Not epidemic: Nocardia is fairly common in the environment. It's most famous as a cause of hard-to-treat, very severe tropical foot infections. The more-deadly lung infections that nocardia can cause are more sporadic -- often there's no telling why someone becomes ill from this curious bacterium. ...Read more
Rare: Cutaneous nocardia usually originates from lung nocardia infection but there are cases of primary cutaneous nocardiasis. There are a few reports of cutaneous nocardiasis spreading to other organs. ...Read more
Many things: Actinomycosis, nocardiosis, tuberculosis, fungal infections, immune deficiency states. First you must find out if these are truly infections, and if so, what is the causative organism? A pediatrician or a pediatric infectious diseases specialist may be very helpful. Hope your child is better soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- What infections cause high ige levels?
- What bacteria causes the constant foul odor when one has a sinus infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What infection causes low grade fever and some sweating and nite sweats?
- What changes the ph levels in my vagina that can cause yeast infection?
- Urinary urgency what causes it if no infection found
- What causes recurring staph infections?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online