Doctor insights on:
What Causes Low Diastolic Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Not many: Not many and not that important. Most common reason would be aortic insufficiency (leaky aortic valve). Other than that, there are artifacts (errors) taking the blood pressure in someone with rigid arteries that will make diastolic BP artificially low. True diastolic low BP (not related to leaky valve) requires NO treatment ...Read more
Wide pulse pressure: When systolic and diastolic are very far apart in the absence of obvious illness, your physician may look for a reason. This can be anything from unrecognized paget's of the bone, hyperthyroidism, aortic valve regurgitation, or just being excited over having your blood presure taken. For now, suggest you follow it closely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of low diastolic blood pressure?
- Causes of low diastolic blood pressure
- What is a low diastolic blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a low diastolic blood pressure reading?
- What is too low for diastolic blood pressure?
- What does a low diastolic blood pressure mean?
- Diastolic low blood pressure
- Talk to a cardiologist online