Doctor insights on:
What Causes Joints To Lock Up In Hands And Forefingers
What would cause the joints in your fingers to "lock up". There is only a little pain but have to use the other hand to "pull up" the locked fingers.
Adaptation: Regular use cause enlargement or hypertrophy of whatever extremity is being used. This is a normal response. Popping your knuckles does not cause larger joints. ...Read more
Many things: Joint swelling is one of the cardinal features of arthritis. Many forms of arthritis can affect the hands from non inflammatory disease such as osteoarthritis to inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. Many other diseases may have arthritis as part of their overall presentation - like the arthritis of inflammatory bowel disease. There are many many possibilities. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes.: It is one of the many side effects. ...Read more
Thumb CMC arthritis?: One of the most common causes of pain at the base of the thumb is arthritis. Pain usually increases with pinching or opposing the thumb across the palm. An x-ray may help with diagnosis. Maybe try a splint that immobilizes the thumb for a while to see if it helps. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What motivates joints to lock up in hands and fingers?
- What causes joints to lock up in confides and fingers?
- What causes finger joints to lock up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes joints to lock up in arm?
- What causes bruising of the hands and forefingers?
- What causes your hand and little fingers to lock up?
- What causes your hand and index fingers to lock up?
- What causes joints to lock up in hands and index fingers?