Doctor insights on:
What Causes High White Blood Cell Count
What causes high white blood cell count i seen my cardiologist about a month ago and she said that my white blood cell count was at like 21 a couple months ago and last month it went up to like 43? Could u help me with this? I am a 27 year old male with a
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
What can cause high white blood cell count and platelets? Went from 12000 to 14000 within days, dr said there is inflammation and am anemic
Leukocytosis: I believe you talked about white blood cell count increase (WBC) from 12000 to 14000. For acute WBC increase, it could be due to inflammation or infection (even asymptimatic uti, etc) or medication such as steroid or pregnancy. If become persistent, see your doctor for further work-up. Persistent high white cell count and platelet can also caused by bone marrow disorder such as myeliproliferative. ...Read more
Usually bacterial: It's usually a bacterial illness that causes the symptoms you describe. But this can include anything form sinus infections, tonsillitis, ear infections, pneumonia, infection in the blood, urinary tract infections, appendicitis, meningitis, skin abcesses... The list goes on and on. You need a thorough assessment of associated symptoms and a physical exam to try and pinpoint your condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes white blood cell count to be high?
- What cause high white blood cell count?
- What is the cause of high white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes high white blood cell count in children?
- What causes a high white blood cell count in adults?
- What can cause a high white blood cell count?
- What causes high white blood cell count in urine?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free