Doctor insights on:
What Causes High Liver Enzymes In Adults
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
ALT: ALT=alanine aminotransferase, previously known as SGPT is used as a marker of liver damage, but is present in low amounts in normal individuals. Sources other than liver also exist. Elevations above the normal range are found in some "innocent" cases depending on population studied, drugs that may be in use, etc. Occasionally, exercise can transiently increase levels, for example. ...Read more
Liver clears out: The liver does things such as clean your blood by removing toxins like medicines and alcohol. It contains thousands of enzymes which are special types of protein cells that help necessary chemical reactions to take place. Some medicines may be too much for the liver to handle and the result is that the enzymes are elevated and this is a sign that the liver needs help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Liver enzymes are high what causes that
- What are the causes of high liver enzymes?
- What causes high enzymes in liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause high liver enzyme levels?
- What could cause high liver enzymes?
- What causes your liver enzymes to be high?
- What can cause liver enzymes to be high?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free