Doctor insights on:
What Causes High Blood Pressure Spikes
Diet: Hbp rises due to eating a diet full of salt and water. People with hbp have difficulty excreting excess salt and water. If a person with hbp eats a diet filled with salt (hamburgers or steaks) and fluids (excessive coke or beer), then they will see a spike in their blood pressure because they can't get ride of this extra salt and fluid normally. Not taking your meds will lead BP spikes as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A blood pressure reading has two numbers: a systolic blood pressure and a diastolic blood pressure. The systolic blood pressure is the maximum pressure the blood exerts on the vessels when the heart is beating. The diastolic blood pressure is the pressure the blood exerts on the vessels in between heartbeats. Hypertension, or high blood pressure, begins when the systolic blood pressure remains above 140 or when the diastolic blood pressure remains above 90. Hypertension can be a result of increased blood flow through vessels or increased resistance to ...Read more
No it does not: Baroreflex or Baroreceptor reflex is one of the body's homeostatic mechanism that helps to maintain Blood Pressure at nearly constant level It provide negative feedback when BP goes up for some reason and it reflexively causes the heart rate to decrease'And if BPdecreases it does the reverse and thereby maintain aconstant Blood Pressuse . But it does not cause high blood pressure spikes ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been waking up at night with high blood pressure spikes, feeling extremely lightheaded and horrible. I'm okay during the day. What causes this?
Circadian rhythm: Is the normal (about 24 hours) rhythm of the brain that is controlled by the night/day cycle. During part of each 90 minute sleep cycle we have about 10 minutes of rem or active sleep when the autonomic nervous system (ans)(automatic) becomes active. Your ANS activity is exaggerated and unbalanced and the commonest cause is poor diet, especially all that sugar and sweeteners if it applies to you. ...Read more
On high blood pressure, are there other foods that can cause blood pressure spikes like starches or grains?
Does significant labile or episodic hypertension in which blood pressure spikes in response to relatively minor stresses pose health risks?
Yes: The risks of HTN are multiple and can lead to headaches, cardiovascular disease(including heart attacks), stroke, and so on. The best course of treatment is periodic blood pressure checks by your primary care physician! there is an entity called white coat hypertension but that diagnosis should come from a physician (or the associated nurse practitioner or physician assistant). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: Stress, anxiety, pain, sleep deprivation, anger, during resistance lifting(some of the highest blood pressure recorded have occurred during power lifting maneuvers), missing blood pressure lowering medications. Each case needs to be look at in detail to have a better sense of the possible cause(s). ...Read more
When I go to the doctor, my otherwise normal blood pressure spikes high. What can I do to lower it at the doc?
High Blood pressure: High blood pressure is an abnormal response to stress. So it's not normal to have a high BP at the doc. The body doesn't care what type of stress...Emotional, fatigue, alcohol, pain etc. Early on BP will be normal at home, while sleeping etc. But gradually it will go up and be high most of the time. The "white coat" excuse is way overused and rarely a diagnosis. Most just have high bp. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will a TSH level of1.26 T4 .8 and T3 (liothyronine) of 2.4 cause heart papls and blood pressure spikes on levo.25?
Genetics/lifestyle: More than 90% of HTN is essential (primary) in nature. This implies that it occurs on its own. The remaining 5-10% is secondary htn, which means another primary medical problem is driving the high BP (example renovascular, endocrine, catecholamine-induced, sleep apnea). Essential HTN usually based on increased vasoconstriction. This is made worse by obesity, salt/alcohol intake, sedentary, . ...Read more
See your doctor: High blood pressure in b a young child can have several causes but are more likely to have a medical cause beyond just being overweight. Seeing a doctor to check for signs of kidney, thyroid or heart disease is important. Sometimes it is more a matter of the blood pressure having been checked incorrectly, so if you are getting high readings in a drugstore have your doctor re-check the pressure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ok so I had anxiety for some things and then I read online that anxiety causes high blood pressure and damages kidneyMybackhurtsbutbeen hurting before?
Unrelated: The kind of damage that hypertension does to kidneys takes many years to develop, and is painless. ...Read more
Many: A better answer is what foods can reverse high blood pressure. This includes the dash diet: fruits: 4-5 servings/day vegetables: 4-5 servings/day whole grains or fiber: 6-8 servings/day dairy (low fat): 2-3 serving/day meat (lean): 2 servings/day lower dietary sodium intake low fat (<6% of daily calories) low cholesterol intake (<150 mg/day) low sodium intake (<2.4 grams/day). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nobel prize: For 90%, the cause is unknown and called "essential hypertension." anyone who discovers the cause will receive the nobel prize! the other 10% is attributed to: all forms of renal disease, renal artery stenosis, adrenal tumors, coarctation of the aorta, cushing's disease, obstructive sleep apnea, pheochromocytoma, licorice, and artifactual measurements. ...Read more
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) (Definition)
Also known as hypertension, high blood pressure occurs when blood pressure is 140/90 or higher. A systolic blood pressure (top number) is the pressure the blood exerts on the artery when the heart is at maximum contraction and a diastolic blood pressure (bottom number) is the pressure the blood exerts on the artery when the heart is at maximum relaxation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of a sudden high spike in blood pressure
- High blood pressure spikes
- What can cause spikes in blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes for blood pressure spikes
- Anxiety and high blood pressure spikes
- High blood pressure spikes symptoms
- High blood pressure spike symptoms
- Talk to a cardiologist online