Doctor insights on:
What Causes Hands To Lock Up
What can cause your pointer finget our thumb to lock in place straight until u move it with other hand wen it losens up. It hurts until it releases ?
You should see a Doc: If this is happening frequently and if if it is painful muscle spasm, it can be due to electrolyte imbalance or Calcium related problem. I would advise you to see your doctor who can check your Blood electrolytes and calcium level and check you for anything else that could be causing you this probelm ...Read more
What would cause the joints in your fingers to "lock up". There is only a little pain but have to use the other hand to "pull up" the locked fingers.
Several things: This is a problem that requires a face-to-face meeting with his doctor. In that meeting, his doctor will listen to him, perform a throrough examination and possibly order labs or other tests. Based on this information, he/she will be able to tell him what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read more
Cold hand warm heart: The core of the body is warmest. As you move away from the heart, the temperature drops. Since the hands are furthest from the heart, they are the coldest. While the normal core body temperature is 98 degrees fahrenheit, the hands typically are 20 degrees colder. This is why patients with raynaud's disease tend to have cold fingers-they are furthest from the heart. Exercise can help. Wear gloves. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes your hand and little fingers to lock up?
- What causes your hand and index fingers to lock up?
- What causes knee to lock up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What motivates joints to lock up in hands and fingers?
- What first causes fingers to lock up?
- What causes joints to lock up in confides and fingers?
- What causes finger joints to lock up?
- What causes joints to lock up in hands and forefingers?