Doctor insights on:
What Causes Frequent Farting
Food you eat: When you eat, your digestive system works to break down food into usable energy to power the cells and the body's many processes and functions. But your gut finds certain foods too difficult to break down into just energy and waste, and gas is the leftover product when those foods sit in your colon. Portions of foods that can't be broken down and digested by the intestines travel to the colon, wh. ...Read more
Possible causes? 1wk frequent left flank gurgling/pulsy sensation("farting" flank)esp @night when there's also deep pain. No injury. Some nausea. 30f
Flatus: Undigested food (usually carbs) can undergo bacterial fermentation in the colon with production of methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen. This leads to gas (Flatus). Gas production is common w cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, peppers, apples, raisins, prunes, bananas, avocados & melons. Use of dairy products if lactose intolerant is another cause. You can purchase ...Read more
What can cause some farts to feel hot? It's happened sometimes when I dont eat spicy foods and I'm curious
Funny: It depends on your body temperature, not what you eat. Some foods produce more gas. Some medical condtions( lake of enzyme) cause more gas. When outside temperature is cold, your fart might feel hot to you. ...Read more
Asthma: Fortunately, it is not true.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is causing frequent urination after intercourse?
- What is causing frequent headaches behind my left eye and around my nose area?
- What causes frequent pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be the cause of heart pain and frequent urination?
- What causes farts to smell really bad?
- What causes farting too much?
- What causes excessive farting and how to stop it?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online