Doctor insights on:
What Causes Fingers To Lock Up
Maybe: If you are referring to both hands then it would be unusual as cervical nerve root problems are usually unilateral. Other potential causes include carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow, or primary muscle disorders. A good history and physical exam can sort this out and determine if an EMG is necessary. Good luck and well wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
?Trigger fingers: If they are truly locking, the it is probably a form of tendonitis knows as trigger finger. You should see a doctor, possibly a hand or orthopedic surgeon for treatment. Usually they respond to injection. If it is really a spasm, there are a number of possible reasons, including carpal tunnel syndrome, that should be checked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What would cause the joints in your fingers to "lock up". There is only a little pain but have to use the other hand to "pull up" the locked fingers.
Trigger finger: Typically has a locking or clicking tendon, other things can click in a finger or thumb such as a joint, a tendon snapping over a bone spur , other areas of tendon irritation in the wrist, even a cyst or tumor on a tendon or just a joint click from. Normal motion but yes it sounds like the description you give is that of a trigger . Many get permanent relief from corticosteroid injection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes finger joints to lock up?
- What causes my pinky finger to lock up?
- What causes joints to lock up in hands and index fingers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes your hand and index fingers to lock up?
- What causes your arms and fingers to lock up and hurt?
- What causes knee to lock up?
- What causes hands to lock up?
- What first causes fingers to lock up?