Doctor insights on:
What Causes Eyes To Feel Like They Have Sand In Them
Dryness: Most likely your eyes have some degree of dryness. This is sensitive to your bodily hydration, atmospheric moisture and history of eye or systemic disease. If minor and does not affect the vision nor cause eye redness, you can apply over the counter lubricating eyedrops. If not minor, you should consult with your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
2 months after concussion what could causes eyes to feel like they are zoning out? Also have anxiety and sinues problems
Get examined: Please consult with your PCP for further evaluation. ...Read more
???: I'm unsure of the question but if you have a sandy feeling in the eyes, you could have dry eyes or blepharitis. The causes are numerous. You could try artificial tears first. Seeing an eye care professional would be recommended for the best care. Since you live in Orlando, I'd be happy to help since we have a comprehensive dry eye clinic. ...Read more
No,: Hanging upside down will not cause any eye problems. They may temporarily throb or get red, but this will resolve when you return to a normal position. ...Read more
I feel like one of my other eyes is blinking faster then the other and it's bothering me very badly. It's causes me to feel down idk what to do...
Doubtful: This is obviously a feeling but I would bet that if you look at yourself in the mirror, you would find that your lids (eyes) blink at the same rate. This is because the nervous connections for these come from the same place in the brain and its connections. You could not independently blink your eyes even if you tried, although you can wink them independently. ...Read more
I have a very hard time blinking. Like sometimes I have to force myself to blink and try very hard, this causes my eyes to dry out and become blurry?
Ophthalmology: Please makeq an appointment to see an ophthalmologist for a definitive diagnosis, ...Read more
Eye exam: Please make appointment to see an Opthalmologist, or eye doctor specialist, as soon as possible. It's possible you need eye glasses or you could be suffering from an eye disease which can be treated. This can only be checked out properly by a doctor who specializes in eyes in an office or clinic setting. Best of luck with your health! ...Read more
Blocked duct?: If recent, this could be an infection. If long standing, this could represent a blocked tear drainage duct. Please take him to see a pediatric ophthalmologist to make the correct diagnosis. ...Read more
I saw this guy with huge eyes like an owl. It was really strange. What kind of deformity would cause this?
I'm a missionary. I have notice that one of my eyes are getting smaller and I feel like I have sand in my eyes. Is this serious?
Laid down to sleep. When I closed my eyes I saw flashing white light. Like a strobe light. Only when I close my eyes. Cause for concern?
I feel like my eyes are going to pop out. It only happens when I lay down at night, and I am almost certain that I do have anxiety. Is that the cause?
Can inferior scleral show cause eyes to be more sensitive (dryness), like to outside environment (the air, the air conditioner from a store, and so on)?
Yes: Inferior scleral show is generally the result of increased lower eyelid laxity that exposes the lower part of the eye & increase surface exposure & consequent dryness. Usually this is a result of aging, but sometimes due to genetics, scarring, injury or hyperthyroidism. Lubricating eye drops help. In more severe cases, surgery may be needed. ...Read more
I sprinkled the the orange in the eyes of child around age of 2-3 yrs. I thought it will not cause any problem but from next day her eyes is showing s?
Orange in eyes:
The orange is an acidic fruit and can sting when sprayed into the eyes. You can use OTC Opcon A 2 drops eyes
twice a day to reduce redness and stinging. It will pass in a few days, no worries. Welcome to health tap!
Dr. Ivy Fisher ...Read more
Are the scanners from like the store dangerous to your eyes?? I was at 7-11 and the cashier laid the sacnner down and I looked at it twice this happend just about 15 minutes ago. I was just wondering cause the red light..
Common sense says no: Look at it this way. There must be hundreds of thousands (millions?) of scanners in use in the US. Millions of workers and customers use them and sometimes must briefly look straight into them. If you owned a company making scanners, would you market a product that causes significant harm? Of course not. The scanner wouldn't be used, or you'd be sued. Your company would quickly go out of business. ...Read more
Often this complaint comes from some type of issue with residual erosion or severe dryness.
I would see an eye md or a corneal specialist for an examination if it is a persistent problem. Also I would look to see if you have a fan on a night or are sleeping in an overly dry environment. Often overhead fans can cause severe dryness to the eyes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- It feels like i have sand running down my throat
- How hard does someone have to hit their head for it to cause a brain bleed?
- I have small white bumps on my lips they feel like sand paper what is this
- What are some causes for red spots on my eyelids and under my eye?
- What causes my ears to pop and feel almost like water is in them?
- What causes the body to feel weak even when you eat and drink plenty of water?
- What does it mean when the inside of your ear is itchy?
- I feel like there is sand under my eye
- How to get rid of a lump on your head?
- How to get rid of leg scars caused by picking at scabs?
- Eyes feel like some thing is in them
- Have had a headache followed by sore head and swelling to the head what is the cause
- What can cause the feeling of debris or sand in your eyes?
- What causes a slinky metal sound when i move my head around?
- I have black eyes and no injury plus i feel like there is sand in my eyes and sand under my skin
- What causes the partid gland to swell and tingle like i have eaten sour foods?
- Whaats it mean if u have a lump om your neck but not in th back kinda on the back middle of you neck thats been there fro like a week to two weks and its hard and dimed shapted
- What do ulsers look like under the tongue?
- I feel like i have sand in my eyes
- Please help doc asap i have trouble allergies and my eyes feel like its rock in them for 2 days nows very very painful what can i do i tookbenado