Doctor insights on:
What Causes Dizzy Spells While Sitting
Why do I get dizzy spells out of nowhere whenever I'm sitting down, what can be the causes of my dizzy spells?
Experiencing dizzy spells light headed while lying down, standing or sitting and even while driving at various times of day. Started about 2 weeks ago. Unsure what is causing this to happen.
Multiple possibles: There can be many causes of your symptoms. Also each person's definition of "dizzy" is different. It looks like you mean spinning or movement sensation rather than lighted headed or faint like feeling. If so this is most likely from the inner ear and can have multiple causes. Start with your PCP and then maybe ENT doctor to check you. ...Read more
Many causes.: Dizziness can be either vertigo (sensation of things moving) or light-headed. There are many possible causes of vertigo. These range from inner ear problems (vestibulitis, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) to vestibular migraines to problems with the brainstem (such as strokes). Light-headedness can be caused by standing up too quickly, dehydration, or low blood counts. ...Read more
What causes dizzy spells with no other symptoms? Have been getting dizzy at random times for no reason and it scares me
Many things: Please define YOUR meaning of the word "dizziness" because a number of things can cause isolated vertigo vs. lightheadedness. I see that you've had a cardiac workup which is good. I take it that it was negative? Are your thyroid levels recently checked and OK? There is also a condition known as positional vertigo which is not uncommon in young people and misdiagnosed as other things. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes dizzy spells while sitting down?
- What causes dizzy spells while sleeping?
- What causes dizzy spells and headaches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes dizzy spells in the morning?
- What causes dizzy spells in men?
- What causes random dizzy spells?
- Hip discomfort when standing after sitting for a while
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free