Doctor insights on:
What Causes Diabetes Type 1 And 2
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
I was new in diabetea disease.. Is there some one explain to me what is diabetes type 1 and type 2? Thank you...
Type 1 vs type 2: To use an analogy, Insulin is like a taxicab that takes sugar from the blood and delivers it into cells where it can be used or stored.Without insulin, the sugar can do nothing but build up in the blood, making it thick and spilling into the urine. In type 1, you no longer make insulin, so you must give it all by shot.In type 2 you make some, but not enough for your size.Extra is often given. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was dx with mild leftsided UC, I was wondering if having such a disease makes me more prone to diabetes type 1, is there any link between the two?
Multifactorial: Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the body produces antibodies which attack the pancreatic insulin-producing cells. There are genetic factors which contribute to this; however, there is/are environmental trigger(s) which have not yet been identified. So, even if someone has the genetic potential for type 1 diabetes, it's not enough to get it. ...Read more
I am a 26 years old girl and I have diabetes type 1 since i'm 7.It always been a struggle.Do you think this can cause hypochondria over the years? :(
Could diabetes type 1.5 be the underlying cause of TIA like symptons, hypertension, hi glucose, low mpv, and low kidney function+protein in urine?
Yes : Type 1.5 diabetes involves autoimmune Insulin deficiency in addition to the Insulin resistance seen in type 2 diabetes. Cardiovascular problems, retinopathy, kidney failure, etc. Are sequelae to this disease. Tia risk is markedly increased by these factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- What is the most common cause for having diabetes in children type 1 or 2?
- What is the biggest difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Can type 1 diabetes cause headaches and migraines?
- What are the main counseling points for diabetes type 1 type 2?
- What is the difference between type 1 diabetes and renal glycosuria?
- Talk to a pediatrician online