Doctor insights on:
What Causes Creatinine Levels To Rise
Muscle damage: Damage to muscle (including heart)tissue, causes the release of creatinine kinase into the blood stream. The damaged muscle is weaker as a result. The creatinine kinase (CPK) levels are increased in a heart attack, muscle injury/inflammation, or due to taking statin medications. Talk to your doctor for clarification. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low kidney function: You have decreased renal (kidney) function. You should get seen by your primary doctor to find out the cause. Possible causes are: chronic high blood pressure, undiagnosed diabetes, chronic nsaid's (e.g. Ibuprofen use..), polycystic kidneys, lupus, bladder/kidney obstruction, artery blockage (stenosis) etc... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How high?: When i was lifting weights every day, my creatinine was usually 1.7 mg/dl, and elite bodybuilders have up to 2.0 or so. This is perfectly healthy. Simply being dehydrated or popping a little too much Motrin can up the creatinine enough to get noticed, or serious kidney disease can be the cause. Don't treat a lab value -- your physician can determine the big picture. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes creatinine kinase levels to rise with muscle weakness?
- What causes tsh levels to rise?
- What can cause hcg levels to rise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes estrogen levels to rise in women?
- What causes ammonia levels to rise in humans?
- What would cause hcg level to rise after a miscarriage?
- What causes oxygen levels to drop?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free