Doctor insights on:
What Causes Creatinine Levels To Rise
Damage to muscle: The correct term is creatine kinase (ck). Creatinine is something else. Useful to know: most "muscle" weakness is actually caused by nerve, not muscle, malfunction. True muscle weakess: myocytes (muscle cells) contain lots of the enzyme ck. Low levels are found in blood normally. Damage to myocyte cell membranes from a variety of causes causes leakage of ck into the blood. Recovery->normalization. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low kidney function: You have decreased renal (kidney) function. You should get seen by your primary doctor to find out the cause. Possible causes are: chronic high blood pressure, undiagnosed diabetes, chronic nsaid's (e.g. Ibuprofen use..), polycystic kidneys, lupus, bladder/kidney obstruction, artery blockage (stenosis) etc... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How high?: When i was lifting weights every day, my creatinine was usually 1.7 mg/dl, and elite bodybuilders have up to 2.0 or so. This is perfectly healthy. Simply being dehydrated or popping a little too much Motrin can up the creatinine enough to get noticed, or serious kidney disease can be the cause. Don't treat a lab value -- your physician can determine the big picture. ...Read more
Should I be concerned about my rising creatinine levels? In 3 years my values have went .67, .88 to now 1.1. My gfr is 62.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes creatinine kinase levels to rise with muscle weakness?
- What causes tsh levels to rise?
- What causes ammonia levels to rise in humans?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What foods cause blood tryptase levels to rise?
- What can cause hcg levels to rise?
- What is the cause of high creatinine levels?
- What would cause hcg level to rise after a miscarriage?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free