Doctor insights on:
What Causes Coughs
What causes cough couple weeks than fatigue nausea head ache and blood shot irritated eyes? Left eye slightly swollen allergies?
Get medical eval.: Hydrate well. Consider using a warm air vaporizer. Mix several teaspoons of honey into herbal tea w a squeeze of lemon juice. Or make tea w 2 tsp of marshmallow root bark per 1cup of hot water (steep in a covered pot for at least 5 mins). Drink several times a day or as needed to relieve coughing. See a physician if cough is not resolving, difficulty breathing or temp > 104. ...Read more
Possible LERD: Exposure of the vocal cords to stomach acid & pepsin will result in inflammation of the vocal cords (as is also often seen with acid regurgitation) = lerd. Acute laryngitis may result, but watch out for chronic hoarseness, throat clearing, airway spasms, cough, bronchitis, an asthma-type presentation, & even a higher risk of throat cancer. May however not be reflux so please get yourself checked. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause somebody to suddenly start coughing and choking?
- What causes the tickle in throat that causes coughing?
- What causes cough high pulse rate heaviness in the arms and legs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a person to cough up blood?
- What can cause you to cough up blood?
- What are the causes of cough congestion shortness of breath?
- What would cause you to cough up blood?
- I have a sharp pain in my chest when i cough or sneeze what causes this