Doctor insights on:
What Causes Brown Vaginal Discharge
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
Sounds like BV : Sounds like bacterial vaginosis mixed with menstrual blood. Bv is an overgrowth of normal vaginal bacteria. The only real way to fix it is with antibiotics. There is an over the counter product called rephresh which can help normalize the ph of the vagina. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A lot of things: Many things can cause this. It could be a vaginal, cervical, or uterine infection. Other possibilities are a cervical polyp, hormonal imbalance or even cancer. Because it is not typical of anything in particular, it is important to be examined by a gynecologist to find out the cause. ...Read more
Old blood usually: When bright red blood bleeds inside your uterus during your period it might sit there for some time, congeal into a clot, and then later liquify and come out as dark menstrual blood. As it sits longer in the genital tract it gets browner and by the time you see anything it is a mixture of newer (red) blood and older(brown) blood. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes sticky brown vaginal discharge?
- Brown vaginal discharge causes
- Causes of brown vaginal discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is this dark brown vaginal discharge?
- What does brown vaginal discharge mean?
- What is the cause of brown discharge?
- What are the causes of brown discharge?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free