Doctor insights on:
What Causes Bradycardia With Pertussis
Medication: A slow heart rate can be normal in fit individuals at rest. Many medications, notably beta blockers, slow the heart rate. A slow heart rate can also be due to disease of the av node, which conducts impulses from the atria to the ventricles. This can be due to scarring from heart attack or aging, and is seen in some infections such as lyme disease and chagas disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Slow heart rate is a symptom in which a person's heart rate (the number of heart contractions per minute) is less than normal for the average person of the same size, doing the same activities. For adults, slow heart rate usually means a rate below 50-60 beats per ...Read more
I go from tachy (up to 185 bpm) to bradycardia as low as 36bpm. Whatcan cause thesefuctuatios? Havebeen working out. Thnk you for your time :)
It depends: Bradycardia indicates that the heart rate is too slow (< 60 BPM in adults). It may be associated with a normal electrical impulse (such as sinus bradycardia in a well-trained athlete or during sleep) or an arrhythmia (abnormal electrical impulse). Some of the more common abnormal rhythms associated with bradycardia include atrioventricular block, sick sinus syndrome, and junctional rhythm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bradycardia: This depends upon the age of the patient -child vs adult, and health status of the patient. Generally speaking, the most common causes of bradycardia are issues with the conducting system in the heart caused by heart disease and aging, medications causing bradycardia, and certain medical conditions distinct from heart disease can produce this as well. ...Read more
No: Look for another cause. Especially if you are physically fit and feel well, bradycardia may be a non-problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause neck pain with pain down my arms and tingling in my hands?
- What can be the cause for pain in my right side abdomen and burning with i pee?
- What could cause pain in the elbow with numbness down to the hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause yellow vaginal discharge with a fishy odor?
- What causes leg numbness and pain with kidney disease?
- What causes stomach pain with gas and clear discharge from your bottom?
- What causes neck pain with tingling into chin?
- Talk to a pediatrician online