Doctor insights on:
What Causes Blood Spots On The Skin
I am getting blood spots under the skin on only my left arm. They appear suddenly and fade away in about 10 days. What causes them?
Doctor can evaluate: Blood spots on the skin are called petechiae (purpura if they are bigger splotches), and are due to blood cells leaking out of the tiny blood vessels in the skin. After the blood cells have leaked out, the area behaves just like a bruise (the body breaks down the blood cells into different colored pigments, and carries them away over a week). The Dr. wants to find out why blood cells were leaking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have pin sized blood spots under my skin.(torso, arms) 2raised bigger ones on torso. What could be the cause? Bright red. Not a lot, but enough to see
Would heat stroke cause red non itching spots on skin as an after effect? Possibly burst blood vessels?
High fevers, coughing up mucus with blood, bad smell from mucus&body skin. X-ray showed black spot on lung is this a cause of being a 40year smoker?
Hemangioma: Assuming they've been around a while i suspect these are cherry hemangiomas. ...Read more
I suddenly have blue spots underneath the surface of my skin. It looks like blood and it is on my leg. What could this be?
Blowing hard: Blowing your nose hard could cause small blood vessels i nose to break and bleed. Steroid nasal sprays for allergy could do it. Dry nose could contribute as well. In some cases a tumor might cause this. If persistent get an ENT exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes small pinpoint itchy spots to appear on the skin?
- What virus causes red spots on the skin?
- What causes blood blisters on the skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of white spots on tan skin?
- What causes red blood spots under the skin?
- What are the red blood spots on my skin?
- What causes little red spots on the skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online