Doctor insights on:
What Causes Blood In Stool
A lot of things: Many things can cause blood in the stool (i presume you talk about bright red blood and not black tarry stools) including simple things like hemorrhoids or fissures or more serious things like colitis, polyps, or even cancer. Any blood in the stool should be evaluated. Visit your family doc and he/she will likely send you to a gastroenterologist. Best to you. ...Read more
Digestive bleeding is also known as Gastrointestinal bleeding. Digestive bleeding is a clinical finding in which a person has bleeding in his digestive system. The digestive system starts from the mouth, goes to the throat, esophagus, stomach, and intestines, and ends at the anus. Bleeding in this system can cause red or ...Read more
See below: Several things can. You have symptoms which could be serious and should see your physician. He/she will listen to you, do a physical examinarion, run some tests, and let you know what's going on. ...Read more
What causes a little blood ON stool as opposed to blood IN stool? I've had a little bright red blood ON stool prev, but negative FOBT in Dr office.
Blood coating stool: Blood coating stool but negative occult blood is most likely do to minor hemorrhoidal bleeding. if it is frequent, I would recommend a rectal exam and proctoscopy. If it is rare that would not be necessary . If wish a therapy please ask for a consult and I will advise a treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes blood in stool and urine?
- What are the causes of false negative results in stool blood testing?
- What causes blood in stool for men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be the cause of blood in the stool and can it be serious?
- What are the causes of mucus and blood in a childs stool?
- What causes there to be blood in stool when i go to flush?
- What causes mucus and blood in stool?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free