Doctor insights on:
What Causes Blood Clots In The Heart
In the heart?: I'm assuming you mean "in the heart" as clots don't form behind the heart. The 2 most common causes are atrial fibrillation (clots form in the atria or upper chambers because of the abnormal rhythm) and early in the setting of a large anterior - apical heart attack (clots form in the ventricle or lower chambers). ...Read more
I have a small left sided heart abnormal septal motion and SVT can this cause blood clots to form?
Depends : heart palpitations can range from Benign premature atrial contractions to sustained abnormal rhythms such as atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation /flutter can causes stasis of blood flow in a heart chamber from asynchronous atrio-ventricular contractions and hence blood pools so to speak and can form clots. ...Read more
Might it be possible that a a menstrual blood clot travel to your heart like other blood clots do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can congestive heart failure cause blood clot in the brain?
- What causes blood clots in the uterus?
- What is the cause of blood clots in the brain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause a blood clot in the lungs?
- What causes blood clots in the eye?
- What is a blood clot in the heart called?
- What can cause blood clots in the lungs?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free