Doctor insights on:
What Causes Bloating After A Half Marathon
Training for half marathon that is in a month. Have periods with awful bloating. Can I take diurex with Pamabrom to ease the bloating. Not daily. ?
Maybe IBS, but...: The GI tract has a very limited # of symptoms to signal its distress--nausea/vomiting, diarrhea/constipation, bloating, pain, fullness, bleeding, etc. As you know, many of these characterize ibs, but are also seen with inflammatory, infectious, ischemic, malabsorptive, and functional disorders. Directed lab work, imaging, biopsies, stool studies are appropriate in excluding non-ibs pathology. ...Read more
Possibly: Quinoa is definitely high in indigestible fiber, thus may increase fermentation products from GI bacteria, leading to more gas production, ie., bloating. Your colon will get used to it, and thus less bloating after a while, so best to increase fiber in small increments to lessen this side effect! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Day after half marathon
- Recovery week after a half marathon
- Running the day after a half marathon
- Half marathon
- Why am so bloated after running a half marathon?
- What to wear when walking in a half marathon in cold weather?
- What are the causes of bloating abdominal pain after eating?
- What causes severe bloating after eating?
- Bloated after half marathon