Doctor insights on:
What Causes Anal Fissures
Trauma.: Anal fissures are usually the result of trauma to the inner mucosal lining of the anus. Most commonly this occurs when the anal canal stretches after a hard, dry bowel movement. Other causes of a fissure include diarrhea or inflammatory conditions of the anal area. Less commonly, an anal fissure may result from foreign body insertion or anal intercourse. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Grooves or clefts in various anatomical structures such as the brain (transverse fissure between cerebrum & cerebellum), the skull (sphenoidal fissure), the liver (for the ligamentum teres), the lung (oblique fissure), the spinal cord (ventral median fissure), or other structures such as the palpebral fissure between upper & lower eyelids. Can also be a tear in a structure ...Read more
Any treatment recommended for anal fissures? Why so they keep recurring? Use cottonelle wet wipes as well as toilet paper. What causes anal fissures?
I have an anal fissure its getting worst cause I always scratch it.Is there anything beside topic drugs to treat or remove it?
Yes: One option is surgery. The other option to consider before surgery is Botox injection in the anus. This is done in the office and in many cases helps the anal fissure to heal. This procedure is done by colorectal surgeons. It is better to see a colorectal surgeon to make sure that this is really anal fissure and no other problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes anal fissure?
- What are the treatments for an anal fissure?
- What is anal fissure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for an anal fissure with constipation?
- What sort of problem is an anal fissure?
- Why do anal fissures cause frequent urination?
- Post anal fissure surgery what precautions to be taken
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online