Doctor insights on:
What Causes Acne In Adults
Hormones.: Adult acne is often a sign of hormonal changes within the body. Medications can do it too. In general, it is more difficult to treat than simple teenage acne, so you'd best see your dermatologist, who will prescribe a treatment regimen, and if necessary, run some tests to rule out internal hormonal problems. ...Read more
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
Long history adult acne. S/p Accutane (6 mos) last dose 09/2012. Positive results thus far but very mild break out recently. Can wt loss cause flare-up?
Does unhealthy food cause or inflame adult acne? Resulting in pimples or anything. My dermatologist says it seems play a huge factor?
Yes, in some people: Some people are especially reactive to dairy products -- there could be others. This is not the same as an acute allergic response, but food intolerance can show up in many kinds of symptoms, including skin manifestations. Ask your dermatologist what suggestions s/he has for you in particular. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prescribed 500mg cephalexin for my adult cystic acne 4x day for 14days, then twice daily. Will this cause much side effects for me? & will this work?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes low body temperature in adults?
- What causes bright yellow diarrhea in adults?
- What causes bow legs in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes fluid in the ear in adults?
- What causes a low temperature in adults?
- What causes white stool in adults?
- What is pulmonary hemorrhage in adults caused by lung cancer?
- Talk to a dermatologist online