Doctor insights on:
What Causes A Yeast Infection In Women
Cool and Dry: Anything that increases moisture or heat in the vaginal area can increase your risk of yeast. Avoid the bathtub, wear cotton underware or none at all, avoid panty hose, skinny pants and staying in a wet swimsuit. Wear more skirts. Diet can help as well. Eating dairy with active, live cultures can help vaginal, bladder and colon health. Dannon, activia and greek yougurts as well as kefir may help. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Yes: That can happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
Would a brand new hot tub only used by me- still potentially cause infections such as uti or yeast infection in a woman?
I'm a 22 year old female with two children
..I have a yeast infection.. Can yeast infections cause bumps ?
I am female, over 60/concerned that the fleshy part of my external urethra is a bright red. What causes this? I do not have a UTI or yeast infection.
May be a caruncle...: What you described most likely represents the occurrence of urethral caruncle - a 0.5-1 cm papular lesion from protrusion of posterior aspect of urethra, which is benign & usually asymptomatic, occurs to menopausal women, and requires no Rx, but occasionally still needs some Rx to shrink it or remove or biopsy it. Detail? Ask urologist timely. ...Read more
What is the infection called when a woman has a vaginal yeast infection, what causes this and what is the best treatment.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of a yeast infection in women?
- What causes a vaginal strep infection in pregnant women?
- What are the signs of a yeast infection in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause a yeast infection in the mouth?
- What does a yeast infection look like in women?
- What is the symptoms of a yeast infection in women?
- What can cause a bladder infection in women?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free