Doctor insights on:
What Causes A Thready Pulse
Yes..it can: Acute intense pain causes the release of adrenaline and thus can increase heart rate, the degree varies based on individual's pain pain tolerance/threshold. Chronic pain may not increase heart rate much as the body (heart) is adapted to such condition over an extended period of time. If your heart is persistently high or excessive, it mayb something else and you should consult your doc.. Good lcuk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My BP changes from 103/67 to 95/69 and pulse from 90 to 134 just by standing up from sitting. What would cause this? Or is this normal?
POTS: You possibly have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. The heart rate response is out of proportion to the BP drop. It is not uncommon for the BP to decline somewhat in pots. Usually there are a constellation of symptoms including lightheadedness, heart racing, fatigue, headaches, and sometimes fainting just to name a few. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See your doctor: Having these types of symptoms can best be solved by having your doctor perform a thorough evaluation. Only through this type of process can he/she discover what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
Strattera: Strattera side effects can include rapid heart rate (3%), palpitations (4%), irregular heartbeat ; increased blood pressure. In one study mean ^ in heart rate in adults was 5 beats/ min. In same study systolic mean blood pressure was 3 mm and diastolic mean ^ was 1 mm. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I noticed that for a few weeks my BP is in low 100\ 85-90 and pulse is 58-61 at work can Lexapro cause this taking for 1 month or what else?
It depends: This could be a "normal" rhythm just going slow - sinus bradycardia. This may be due to medications, thyroid issues, high exercise conditioning, or from a "sick" sinus node. The pulse may also be slow if there is slow or absent communication from the atria - partial or complete heart block. This could be potentially quite dangerous. An ekg should be able to tell for sure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes a pulse in the carotid artery?
- What does it mean if you feel a pulse in your stomach?
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower abdomen while urinating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- What causes a tingling sensation in your head?
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause
- What would cause a loud pulse in your head when lifting weights?