Doctor insights on:
What Causes A Nevus To Appear
I have a nevus spilus on my thigh and today it was very painful and sore. What could this be caused by?
Changes: If you noticed changes in this nevus , you should consult a dermatologist and have it biopsied. ...Read more
Is it normal for new moles to appear during adulthood, or is this a cause for concern? They are medium brown and not very big
Yes: It is normal but you should see a dermatologist for a complete body mole check ...Read more
Scientists in HerbalLegacy.com state that potassium deficiencies cause the development of moles, the moles that appear in adulthood'not genetic'true?
Forgive my frankness: If that were true, people with renal wasting of potassium would be the folks who develop moles. You are living in the 21st century and need to develop basic scientific literacy and discernment. The claim (HHH page 120) isn't even made by 'scientists', but by one herbalist with a fertile imagination writing in 1953. You're doing yourself a disservce by wasting you time on this stuff. ...Read more
I have a few small moles (one on my nipple?!) that have black concave dots in them (like holes). One even falls off and comes back?! cause for concern
Can splinter cause penile cancer? saw urologist who said he didn't feel anything. not sure how long had two spots like moles. is it cancer? some red.
No cancer: Trauma to or splinter penetrating penis cant induce cancer. In this instance, cancer is induced by viral transformation of cells secondary to the HPV vius which resides in the mucosal lining of the foreskin and can induce cancer or transmit cancer to a sexual partner in the form of cervix cancer. Spots may be hemangioma or nevus secondary to trauma. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes a cluster of blisters to appear on ear lobe?
- What causes a knot and pain to appear on the right side of stomach?
- What causes a cluster of blisters to appear on earlobe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the quickest way to cause a miscarriage?
- What would cause my elbow to have a burning feeling?
- What would cause a belly button to smell?
- What causes your period to come a week early?
- Talk to a dermatologist online