Doctor insights on:
What Causes A Blighted Ovum Alcohol
Doubt it: Blighted ovum (or anembryonic pregnancy) is more related to a chromosomal or post-conception error. Nothing you can do to prevent or cause these. Smoking however, can increase infertility, miscarriage, growth restriction, and preterm delivery. No to mention the neonatal health problems including sids...So, if you're planning a family; quit, eat healthy, exercise, & update your exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The two issues are most likely unrelated. ...Read more
I was exercising (zumba) on the day my baby stopped developing. Could this have caused my blighted ovum if genetic tests of the sac came back normal?
No: Exercise is good, and doesn't bother a normal pregnancy. Women have had to work or otherwise exercise during pregnancy since the beginning of time. Life is not perfect, so if a defective fetus is created, the woman's body has the job of shutting down the pregnancy and getting rid of the embryo or fetus. That's how nature does its amazing work, both in humans and in our pets and animals. ...Read more
I was informed 4 years ago I have a slight case of pcos. I recently miscarries due to a blighted ovum. Could this have been caused by pcos?
PCOS-Miscarriage: The miscarriage rate is a little higher with PCOS. You should consult your doc. ...Read more
Well.....: It is not likely that binge drinking would directly cause a blighted ovum. Blighted ovums are common and are usually caused by genetic missteps during conception. More concerning though is the fact that there is binge drinking at all especially in someone who is at risk for getting pregnant. Binge drinking is a serious health risk. Please discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes a blighted ovum?
- Does alcohol intake during pregnancy cause blighted ovum?
- Can smoking weed cause a blighted ovum pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower abdomen while urinating?
- What causes a sudden black out in vision?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free