Doctor insights on:
What Causes 50 Percent Of Heart Blockage
I had a major heart attack in aug 2012 with 100 percent blockage in LAD and one stent is inserted please give precaution?
My 88yr old father has 2 inch tumor and many paulipes in his colon, inoperable because of 90 percent blockage of heart valves. How long dos
I had a heart attack at 34, they performed a heart cath & placed a stent for a 90% blockage.What could cause this at my age?What should I do about it?
Heart attack: The causes are the same regardless of your age. Strong family history, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol & smoking and obesity. Now you need to control these risk factors to prevent futher progression. Exercise, eat healthy, stop smoking if you do and take all your medications regularly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would a partial blockage inside of your arteries cause your heart rate to increase as a result of the strain?
Cardiac output : If it is a flow limiting blockage, yes. Your heart still has a fiduciary duty to get the same amount of oxygen and blood to the rest of the body. When the pump can't work as good because of her blocked artery, the heart tries to pump faster to make up for the demand it's charged with. In some types of blocks there may not be a fast heart rate. ...Read more
I have a brain tumor it's on the cranial nerves 3, 5, 7. Would this cause a blockage in the heart? Or if its on x would it ?
No correlation: Craneal n. Emerge directly from the brain. Only 1 and 2 emerge from cerebrum. The next 10 emerge from brain stem. 3, 5, 7 control eye movements, sensation from face, control muscle of mastication and facial expression. 10 control laryngeal/pharyngeal muscle and muscle of voice. No association with coronary blockage. Tumor location correlate with cn dysfunction. Have faith and fight the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If a 90 yr old was taken off of Coumadin 5 weeks ago and then had a heart attack, could that cause blockage in the heart that caused heart attack?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes lack of oxygen to the heart?
- What could be the cause of heart pain and frequent urination?
- What is the life expectancy of a person with 20 percent pumping function of the heart?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are common causes of heart palpitations?
- What are the causes of an acute renal failure after open heart surgery?
- What is the cause of rheumatic heart disease?
- What are the causes of congestive heart failure after open heart surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online