Doctor insights on:
What Cause Your Ref Blood Cell Count To Be High
Many causes: Dehydration can cause high red blood cell count. It may be a normal finding in people living at high altitude. People with cyanotic heart disease also have high counts. Smokers and people with chronic lung disease also may have high counts. Chronic carbon monoxide poisoning is an other cause. More seriously, a form of blood cancer can cause very high counts - namely polycythemia vera. ...Read more
Yes, but How high?: What is your WBC count? Both physical and mental stress can cause elevation of WBC count, but it is prudent to exclude other causes, such as infection before invoking exhaustion as the explanation. See this site for info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-white-blood-cell-count/my00161. ...Read more
Body response: Infection or inflamation.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes white blood cell count to be high?
- What causes high white blood cell count?
- What cause high white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if your white blood cell count is high?
- What can cause high white blood cell count?
- What causes high white blood cell count in children?
- What causes a high white blood cell count in adults?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free