Doctor insights on:
What Cause Mucus In Throat
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
Any idea what causes thick mucus in my throat causing me to clear my throat constantly iv'e had this problem since my teens i'm now 63?
Throat mucus: Mucus tends to thicken and turn yellow or slightly green as water evaporates from it. The flow of mucus slows at night, so that in the morning you'll feel the mucus in the throat, and there is an urge to cough or expectorate it. You can relieve this, by staying hydrated and using a saline rinse to help thin mucus and improve mucus clearance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Feels like mucus or fluid in throat. Causes me to clear it and lose voice sometimes. Go away on own? Why and help
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes mucus build up in the throat?
- What causes thick mucus in the throat?
- What causes constant mucus in throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes mucus buildup in throat?
- What causes mucus in throat after eating?
- What causes mucus to build up in throat?
- What is the cause of mucus in the throat?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online