Doctor insights on:
What Cause Blood Clots In Legs
Long list of causes: There are a lot of possible causes and risk factors of blood clots in the legs. Here are some: - long periods of sitting - prolonged bed rest - inherited clotting diseases - any kind of injury or trauma - cancer - smoking - obesity or overweight - family history of blood clots - blood draws or catheters in veins, including pacemakers - birth control pills - congestive heart failure - ibd. ...Read more
Go to WebMD: Your question is to broad for this forum. We only have 400 characters. Visit webmd. ...Read more
Doesn't: Has nothing to do with sleeping blood clots can occur for many varied reasons but sleeping is not one of them. ...Read more
Blood clots : No of diseases can increase risk of blood clot. Some of them are genetic such as factor v leiden mutation, prothrombin gene mutation, protein c, s, at 3 deficiency, high homocysteine, mthfr mutation, anti phospholipid syndrome, pnh etc. Some acquired like after surgery, use of ocp, trauma, long distance travelling, smoking, pregnancy and certain cancers esp pancreatic, brain, stomach etc. ...Read more
Dvt: If we are talking about a venous clot the its also termed a dvt. These can be dangerous because they can trave to the lung and cause a pulmonary embolis. These are lfethreatening.Causes od DVT are trauma, hypercoagulopathy, cancers, etc. Many pts are bed ridden. They may be smokers or on birth controll. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Few options: Swelling pain if concerned see your md need an ultrasound. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes a blood clot in your leg?
- What can cause a blood clot in the leg?
- What is the cause of blood clots?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of blood clot in leg?
- What are signs of blood clots in the legs?
- What are the treatments for blood clots in legs?
- What are the symptoms of blood clots in the legs?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free