Doctor insights on:
What Can You Use To Stabilize Your Broken Hand When You Take Your Cast Off
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read more
Suprisingly a cast : Is often lighter than you think, less than a pound often. But it is inconvenient at times, weight that you may not be sued to holding all the time and often the part that the cast is on is not being utilized normally. Gentle elevation while sleeping woth apilow on the chest often hels swelling which can also make th hand feel "heavy" slings are ok but be careful that a sling is not overused. ...Read more
I have had a broken hand taken out of a cast and put in a splint how long till I can do heavy lifting again?
It depends: This is highly dependent on the type of fracture you had, location of the fracture and how long it had been in a cast. Most fractures are healed in 6-8 weeks, but the final decision should be made by the person most familiar with your particular situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Supposing you already had a broken hand in a cast & you fell very hard on that hand, could you get a broken wrist too?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens after you get your cast off of the broken bone in your hand?
- What happens when you get cast off?
- What happens when you get a cast off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you keep your hand cast on longer than recommended?
- Can they put a cast on your thumb if it is broken?
- What happens after you get a cast off?
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free