Doctor insights on:
What Can You Take To Lower Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Try diet change.: Reducing salt may help your blood pressure. Losing weight if you are overweight may help, but if your blood pressure is still high (over 140/90) medications are necessary.Lowering your blood pressure is important to reduce the risk of heart disease, kidney disease, and strokes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: After starting labetalol, you should detect improvement in your BP within 1-2 weeks. If your BP remains elevated, you may require a higher dose. This should be followed closely by your obstetrician. Pregnancy and high blood pressure are not "good bed fellows". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many choices: Before medication, diet and exercise can go an awful long way in controlling high blood pressure. Should that not be enough, there are literally dozens of drugs over several classes that can be used to treat high blood pressure. Your doctor will help identify the appropriate medication based on your individual needs. ...Read more
On blood pressure meds. Recently lost 20 pounds. Pressure dropped lower. It's 120/80 in morning. Then take meds it's 105/60. Is it too low?
See MD: Since u lost weight u may be able to reduce or cut certain BP medications. Consult u r md soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you drink to lower your blood pressure?
- What can you take to bring your blood pressure down?
- Can i take garlic juice to lower blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take to loose weight that does not affect my blood pressure?
- What cough syrup can you take with high blood pressure?
- What can i do to lower my blood pressure naturally?
- What can you do to get your blood pressure down?
- Talk to a cardiologist online