Doctor insights on:
What Can You Eat After An Colonoscopy
What can you eat after colonoscopy? Tried and vomitted noodle, cracker, soda... What else can I try?
No: No, when they tell you nothing by mouth for your procedure, they mean nothing. If you expect to get sedation for your procedure then your stomach needs to be as empty as possible. Otherwise there is a risk of vomiting and aspirating which can be serious, even fatal. So NO! no Laffy Taffy or anything else. Weren't you given explicit pre procedure instructions? ...Read more
Follow the instructi: Your doctor's office should give you instructions to follow in order to have a good prep. Otherwise your test will be cancelled as the preparation is rigorous and lasts 2-3 days of no solids and using laxatives to clean up your intestines completely. ...Read more
Anything, generally: Depending on your doctor's preparation, you can often eat a regular diet until the day before your colonoscopy. A light breakfast the day before, and clear liquids all day before your procedure is generally adequate. Remember though, anything you put in your face before your scope, will have to come out with the prep! ...Read more
Colonoscopy Prep: The prep for a colonoscopy might differ from doctor to doctor, but generally speaking most will advise that the patient eat no solid food while the preparation of the bowel is in progress. Clear fluids, however, are permitted. These include apple or cranberry juice, ginger ale, jello and clear broth. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after a colonoscopy can you eat?
- How soon can you eat after a colonoscopy?
- What food can you eat before a colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you eat day before a colonoscopy?
- What foods can you eat before a colonoscopy?
- What not to eat after colonoscopy?
- What to eat after a colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free